Treatment by a general practitioner outside office hours
If you require urgent treatment by a general practitioner (GP) and cannot wait until the practice of your regular GP opens, you can contact after hours medical clinic Huisartsenpost Duin- en Bollenstreek. Please dial 0252 240 212.
If the patient’s life is in danger please dial 112 for an ambulance. You will receive the necessary instructions.
- Consultation hours
- Weekdays between 17.00 – 08.00 hours
- Weekends Friday 17.00 until Monday 08.00 hours
- National holidays
- Consultation is only with an appointment!
- During regular office hours your GP’s practice will be open.
How does it work?
When you phone you’ll be connected to a specially trained doctor’s assistant working under strict guidelines. Explain your condition/sympthoms to the assistant and, in many cases, she will be able to give you the advice you need, cross-checked with the on-duty doctor. Other possible courses of actions are: a telephone consultation with a GP, a consultation with the GP in our clinic, a prescription or a home visit by the GP.
You’ll be asked for
- the patient’s name, address, telephone number
- date of birth.
- the nature of the patient’s symptoms
- the name of the regular attending GP
- which medicines the patient is taking
- patient’s insurance information (insurer and policy number)
If you visit our clinic, you will need to take valid proof of identification. This may include: a passport, identity card, Dutch driving licence or Dutch residence permit. Please show this document when reporting at the desk.
Please note that foreign tourist (even if they have insurance) are obliged to pay a fee. When they return home they can collect payment from the insurance company with the receipt.
After hours medical clinic Huisartsenpost Duin- en Bollenstreek
2215 RA Voorhout